If you like a lot of intelligent, non-confrontational football talk join us in our Forums.
KOHLER, Wis. – June 15, 2017
LODGE KOHLER, the four-diamond hotel nearing completion in the Titletown District west of Lambeau Field, has partnered with the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame, Inc., to be its Official Lodging Partner.
Welcome To PackerChatters.com
One of the Original Internet
Packers Fan Sites And Forums
and still Ad-Free!
Latest News Feeds
The Latest from Bob Fox
July 14, 2017
Zeke Bratkowski Talks About Playing for Both George Halas and Vince Lombardi
Zeke Bratkowski played quarterback in the NFL for 15 years. In 10 of those years, Bratkowski was coached by either George Halas or Vince Lombardi. Talk about playing under two of the greatest coaching icons in NFL history.
I had an opportunity to speak with Bratkowski recently, and he talked about playing under these two head coaching giants.
“Both Coach Halas and Coach Lombardi were very similar in their style of discipline,” Bratkowski said. “They were both very demanding and were coaches of repetition.”
Bratkowski originally played under Halas, as the Chicago Bears drafted the former Georgia Bulldog star as a junior in the second round in 1953 as a “future pick”, which was allowed in that era. Bratkowski played his senior year and joined the Bears in 1954.
Bratkowski talked about the start of his NFL career and how Halas helped him.
Preseason Important Dates Added
• Friday, July 21 – Packers 1K Kids Run, Presented by Edvest, 6 p.m.
• Saturday, July 22 – Packers 5K Run/Walk, Presented by Bellin Health at Lambeau Field, 8 a.m.
• Saturday, July 22 – Packers Hall of Fame Induction Banquet
• Monday, July 24 – Packers Annual Meeting of Shareholders
• Wednesday, July 26 – Head Coach Mike McCarthy’s season-opening press conference, 10:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, July 26 – Players report
• Thursday, July 27 – First practice, 8:15 a.m., Ray Nitschke Field
• Saturday, Aug. 5 – Family Night, Presented by Bellin Health, Lambeau Field
• Tuesday, Aug. 29 – Last practice open to public, 11:45 a.m., Ray Nitschke Field